Qualification to participate in the competition is determined by the criteria outlined in the eligibility requirements and by meeting the deadlines as outlined.
How to Enter
- Prior to registering for the competition, please review eligibility requirements.
- Registration for the 2020 BPC will open in January 2020.
- Each team member must complete their own registration. Participants will be prompted to provide their team name and category during the registration process.
- LivePlan, a business plan development platform, will be used to complete the first two rounds of the competition. After registration, participants will receive an email from LivePlan containing an invitation link that will prompt them to create a password and log in to access their team’s profile. Here are instructions to accept the LivePlan invitation. **PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATIONS TAKE 1 BUSINESS DAY TO PROCESS AND LIVEPLAN INVITATIONS ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.**
- Each team member should complete the registration process for their own LivePlan account. This way, all team members will be able to collaborate virtually through LivePlan from their own logins and devices.
Note: Students may compete on multiple teams and submit an unlimited number of plans in each BPC category. However, students on multiple teams must ensure that each team has a sufficient number of members to represent each venture should more than one team advance to the Final Presentation Round. A team may not submit the same venture in more than one category.
Use of Competition Materials: The Center for Leadership Education and Johns Hopkins University reserves the right to use any material prepared for the BPC for the purpose of publicizing and promoting the event. The Center for Leadership Education and Johns Hopkins University may use these materials in any printed materials and any videotape or other medium that it may produce. The Center for Leadership Education and Johns Hopkins University may videotape any portion of the Competition and utilize these tapes in any way that it sees fit.
Changes to Competition Rules: While not anticipated, BPC rules and prizes are subject to change at any time. Interpretation of the rules will be at the sole discretion of The Center for Leadership Education, in partnership with Johns Hopkins University.
Decisions regarding the Competition and the Winners: All decisions regarding the competition rules, procedures, and processes are at the sole discretion of the Center for Leadership Education and Johns Hopkins University. Changes and/or interpretations of these rules may be made by the Center for Leadership Education and Johns Hopkins University at any time, even though they may be (or may appear to be) in conflict with some previously published information. The selection of teams and winners is at the sole discretion of the judges and the Center for Leadership Education.