Mentors guide BPC student teams by evolving their business ideas, helping to shape their plans, and providing feedback on pitches. On average, mentors spend between 1 and 2 hours during the first round of mentorship and 3 to 5 hours during the second round of mentorship engaging with mentees. Join other industry experts who make meaningful connections with future entrepreneurial leaders by applying to become a BPC mentor.
After completing your application, you will be contacted by BPC staff with registration information or follow up questions.
Important details regarding BPC Mentorship:
- No travel is required. Mentors can choose how they prefer to communicate with their teams, whether that is over the phone or in Zoom meetings, through the platform LivePlan, over email, or a combination of platforms.
- The mentorship round dates for the 2022 competition will be announced by mid-November, 2021.
- In Round 1, mentors will review each team’s Round 1 submission and provide feedback (approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour per team).
- In Round 2, mentors will review each team’s Round 2 submission and provide feedback (approx. 1.5 to 2 hours per team).
- Depending on the number of mentors who apply and the number of teams who compete, mentors will be matched with 1 to 3 teams.
- In their applications, mentors will select first and second choices of category and will be matched to team(s) based on preference and team needs.
- Prior to the Mentorship Rounds, mentors will receive information on best practices.
- Mentors selected for this program are invited to attend the competition or serve as judges on Competition Day.